2019 RAM 50 Cent Frosted Uncirculated Coin - Year of Indigenous Languages
This product is sold out
- To recognise 2019 as the International Year of Indigenous Languages, the Royal Australia Mint has issued a Frosted Uncirculated 50 cent coin in collaboration with the Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies(AIATSIS). This coin acknowledges Australia's unique Indigenous languages, and the efforts being undertaken to preserve these important parts of Australian Indigenous culture.
- The United Nations General Assembly proclaimed 2019 as the International Year of Indigenous Languages. In Australia, as in the world, Indigenous languages are under threat. From over 250 individual language groups in Australia in 1788, almost 130 have now become extinct with many more under threat. Languages are crucial to the identity of Indigenous Australians as well as being an important part of Australia's history and culture.
- The coin samples the diversity of existing Indigenous languages in Australia, recognising the importance of protecting these languages for all Australians
- Certificate or Authenticity Included
- Australian Legal Tender Coin
- Specifications: CuNI, 15.55g, 31.51mm Dia.
- Maximum mintage of 20000
- Any questions please do not hesitate to ask