To support Australia’s Olympic athletes and mark their long journey to the Tokyo 2020 Summer Olympics, the Royal Australian Mint is offering a set of five coloured $2 coins.
These feature attractive Australian and Japanese themed designs in the style of Japanese manga comics, certain to appeal to collectors, enthusiasts and team supporters.
Australia’s finest athletes are bound for Tokyo in their quest for Gold in the 2020 Summer Olympics, delayed a year because of Covid-19.
Australia has participated in every Olympics since the first of the modern games in Athens in 1896. Australia’s summer games team comprises 283 elite athletes, competing in 21 sports, with 159 making their Olympics debut.
To support Australia’s Olympic athletes and mark their long journey to Japan, the Royal Australian Mint is releasing a unique set of five coloured $2 coins with attractive Australian and Japanese designs certain to appeal to enthusiasts, supporters and collectors.
- Five coloured uncirculated $2 coins
- The coin designs describe the athletes journey to Tokyo, featuring a manga style Hockey Roo and Surfing Roo, Mount Fuji, Australian Olympic Team logo and an Olympic torch
- Packaged in specially designed manga style folders
- Exclusive folder designs available through the Royal Australian Mint and its distributors
- Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark
- Australian legal tender
- Denomination - $2 AUD
- Year - 2020
- Metal Content - AlBr
- Mass - 6.6g
- Diameter - 20.50mm
- Finish - Uncirculated
- Maximum Mintage - Unlimited