2021 PERTH MINT 50c 1/2oz Lunar Series III - Year of the Ox Silver Proof Coin
This product is sold out
- The second year The Perth Mint’s highly anticipated Australian Lunar Series III coin program is an array of superb silver coins celebrating the next animal in the zodiac, the ox. Released as a magnificent three-coin set, and as individual 1oz and 1/2oz silver proof coins, the coins feature original artistry portraying the kind-hearted ox.
- Those born under the sign of the Chinese lunar ox in 2021, 2009, 1997, 1985, 1973 and every 12th preceding year are said to be kind, intelligent, honest and reliable. Admired for their strong work ethic, logical mindset and calm demeanour, they are recognised as great leaders.
- Struck from 99.99% pure silver in proof quality, no more than 5,000 1oz coins, 4,000 1/2oz coins, and 1,000 three-coin sets will be released in this packaging.
- The coins are issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.k
- The coin’s reverse portrays a stylised representation of an ox with its calf. In the background a village is depicted among mountains. Also included in the design is a cherry blossom tree, the Chinese character for ‘ox’, the inscription ‘OX 2021’ and The Perth Mint’s ‘P’ mintmark.
- The obverse of the coin depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the weight and fineness, and the monetary denomination.
- Each individual coin is housed in a classic display case with a clear lid decorated with a silver geometric design. The case is packaged in a beautifully illustrated shipper portraying the story of how the ox became an animal of the zodiac and is accompanied by a numbered Certificate of Authenticity.
- Specifications: 1/2 Troy Ounce Silver, 99.99% Purity, 15.553grams, 32.6mm Diameter, 2.9mm Thickness, Maximum Mintage 5000