- Proof quality 99.99% pure silver
- Unique star-shaped design
- Australian legal tender
- Limited mintage–1,500
- Gift card presentation packaging
- Special star-shaped capsule with ribbon to transform the coin into a Christmas tree ornament
This Christmas-themed release portrays a coloured representation of a delightful garland of iconic Australian Native flowers.
The unique star-shaped coin is struck by The Perth Mint from 1oz of 99.99% pure silver and is issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act 1965.
The Perth Mint will release no more than 1,500 of the Christmas 2020 1oz Silver Proof Star-Shaped Coin.
The star-shaped coin’s reverse portrays a delightful garland of Australian native flowers with two Eastern Yellow Robins sitting amongst the arrangement. Also included in the design is the inscription ‘Merry Christmas’ and The Perth Mint’s traditional ‘P’ mintmark.
The coin's obverse depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, the weight and fineness, and the 2020 year-date.
Each coin is housed in a special star-shaped capsule with a hole for a ribbon to be tied, so the coin can be hung as a Christmas tree decoration. Presented in a delightful gift card, this coin is the perfect festive gift.
- Silver Content (Troy oz)1
- Monetary Denomination (AUD) 1
- Fineness (% purity) 99.99
- Minimum Gross Weight (g) 31.107
- Maximum Diameter (mm) 39.00
- Maximum Thickness (mm )4.50
- Maximum Mintage - 1,500
- Designer - Aleysha Howarth