RAM 2020 $1 Silver Proof Selectively Gold Plated 5oz Coin - Icons of Australia - Mob Of Roos
This product is sold out
- In 1984, the Royal Australian Mint first released its beloved circulating $1 ‘Mob of Roos’ coin, designed by master craftsman Stuart Devlin AO CMG. This premium 2020 $1 selectively gold plated collectible coin, pays tribute to the classic design of the ‘Mob of Roos’ coin, and to the ongoing legacy of its designer Stuart Devlin.
- Stuart Devlin AO CMG (1931- 2018) was the master craftsman who was responsible for some of Australia’s most iconic coins.
- Devlin, who was born in Geelong, Victoria, and trained as a goldsmith and silversmith. In the 1960s he won a competition that led to his designs being used for Australia’s new suite of decimal coins. Devlin’s dynamic designs featuring Australian animals are still in use today.
- In 1984, a new Devlin design was used for Australia’s circulating $1 coins. Featuring five kangaroos, the ‘Mob of Roos’ design is vibrant and original, and well-respected in Australia and internationally.
- Apart from Australian coins and medals, Devlin also designed iconic jewellery, furniture, artworks and coins for 30 other countries, including the United Kingdom and Singapore. He said ‘I like the fact that millions of people around the world carry my work in their pockets.’
- Premium quality 5oz Selectively Gold Plated coin
- Packaged in an attractive presentation case
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Coin reverse features the iconic ‘Mob of Roos’ design by Stuart Devlin AO CMG
- Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Jody Clark
- Australian legal tender
- Mintage 1000
- Specifications: 99.99% Ag, 5 Troy Ounces, 65.10mm Dia. Proof Finish, Selectively Gold Plated
- Any questions please do not hesitate to as