Commemorating 160 years of Holden in Australia, the Holden Heritage Collection will evoke a sense of nostalgia as it celebrates the classic cars that made Holden a household name. Reflecting on eleven well-known models, the coins can be bought separately or in a collection which will include a limited release coin making the complete collection a must-have. Attractive to Holden car enthusiasts or those that have fond memories of their own Holden, this will be a highly sought after piece of memorabilia.
The Holden story began in 1856, when James Alexander Holden established J.A Holden & Co in Adelaide as a manufacturer of saddles and harnesses. Five decades later, it began building car bodies, starting up its first car engine in 1948.
The Holden Heritage Collection begins from Holden’s (and Australia’s) first domestically produced car, the 48-215 (FX) which launched on 29 November 1948. Of the many Holden car models produced since, eleven have been selected for the collection: 48-215 (FX), FJ, FE, FC, FB, EH, HK Monaro, LJ Torana, HQ Kingswood, HX Sandman and VC Commodore. Bearing a design of the Holden & Frost building at 100 Grenfell Street, Adelaide, the 12th coin celebrates 160 years since the company began, highlighting Holden’s transformation from saddlery company to manufacturer of vehicle bodies. This anniversary coin, as well as the limited edition Holden Heritage Collection tin, is only available when purchasing the collection in its entirety.
• Uncirculated coin in a pop-up style presentation card with corresponding vehicle model information
• Each coin design represents an influential Holden model that shaped Australian culture
• Coin’s obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II designed by Ian Rank-Broadley
• Australian legal tender
• Twelve coins packaged in card
• Retro-look tin
• Special 160th Anniversary Coin, only available in the set.
• Certificate of Authenticity
Any questions please do not hesitate to ask