In 2022 we celebrate the third of the twelve-year cycle in the Lunar Calendar, with the Year of the Tiger. People who are born under the sign are said to have characteristics of determination, self-assurance and leadership. This tetra-decagon shaped coin will make an ideal addition to a collection or an auspicious traditional gift for Chinese New Year.
Sheng Xiao, the Chinese Zodiac, has a twelve-year cycle, with each year represented by one of twelve animals. Each animal has its own unique characteristics that are shared by people born under their sign. 2022 is the Year of the Tiger, the third sign of the Zodiac. People born under the sign of the Tiger are outgoing, charming and strong.
The Chinese calendar also routes through the elements of earth, fire, water, metal and wood as part of a larger 60-year cycles. In 2022 we honour the Water Tiger, and people born under this sign are confident, curious and intelligent.
- The eleventh released in the series
- Packaged in a red presentation card
- Unique tetra-decagon shape, exclusive to this coin series
- Coin's reverse features an artistic design of an impressive Tiger
- Coin's obverse features Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II effigy sculpted by Jody Clark
- Australian Legal Tender
- Denomination - 50c AUD
- Metal Content - CuNi
- Mass - 15.37g
- Diameter - 31.51mm
- Finish - Uncirculated
- Maximum Mintage - Unlimited
- Packaging - Coin in Card