2019 RAM $2 Coloured Uncirculated Coin - Removed from Roll - Bringing Them Home
This product is sold out
- This 2019 $2 Uncirculated coloured coin recognises the 1919 Australian Repatriation Department, which undertook the massive task of repatriating Australian servicemen and women after the First World War. tens of thousands service personnel were provided with vital support and services. This coin, appealing to military and history enthusiasts, commemorates the centenary of this crucial achievement.
- In 1919 the Repatriation Department was created by the Australian government to facilitate the repatriation of our servicemen and women, many of whom bore the physical and psychological scars of war. the department provided war pensions, a soldier settlement scheme and other vital services such as healthcare, education, housing and official commemorations. General John Monash was responsible for demobilisation from the Western Front and Egypt. In spite of the challenges of dealing with the issues of morale and the risks of the 1919 influenza pandemic, he accomplished the task in ten months.
- A century later, the role of providing essential support to Australian servicemen and women, and their families, is now carried out by the Department of Veteran's Affairs. The centenary of the vital task of repatriation is celebrated with this 2019 $2 Uncirculated coloured coin.
- Australian Legal Tender Coin
- Coloured reverse design celebrating "Bringing Them Home" - a century of repatriation.
- Specifications: AlBr, 16.6g, 20.51mm Dia.
- Maximum mintage of 5000 rolls
- Any questions please do not hesitate to ask